Monday, June 29, 2009

Cocktails Dahling

In honor of my day of good news (I got a new job!) here is a recipe for a cocktail party snack, plus a cocktail party cocktail! Enjoy

Baked Brie
This recipe sounds weird, but trust me it comes out excellent(ly?)
- Brie wheel
- Fruit preserves of your choosing
- Diced pecans

Slice the brie in half. Coat the bottom half with preserves and then cover that with nuts. Place the top half on and do the same on top of that. Bake at 425 for approximately 10 minutes (you have to check to make sure it doesn't burn. Serve with little toasts, crackers, whatever you like!

White Sangria
- Dry white wine (lots)
- Grand Marnier (or other fruit liqueur)
- Loads of chopped fresh fruit
- Sugar to taste (or substitute, for the sugar conscious). I like barely any sugar in it, but others with a stronger sweet tooth (my mom, for instance) prefer with more sugar.
Mix everything together in a summery pitcher, serve on ice.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I've always just put the fruit + nut combo on top... I love the middle too!

    ReplyDelete